We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

To hire your splitter van to members of the public or to chauffeur people, bands and their equipment in your splitter, you need specialist insurance.

We can provide you with fully comprehensive self-drive hire motor insurance and are able to include ‘hire and reward’ cover. We provide market leading cover that you won’t find anywhere else in the UK.

  • Full annual comprehensive cover
  • No Top 40 exclusions
  • Excess only £500, only £80 for windscreens
  • Unlimited hires and mileage
  • Theft by hirer cover
  • Unlimited EU cover available
  • Hire and Reward cover available
  • Cover for new ventures, single vehicles to large fleets

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

ABG Difference

We’re able to offer splitter van cover with no restrictions for people in the entertainment industry. Other insurers may exclude people from hiring your vehicle if they’ve had a Top 40 hit in the last 10 years, but our policy will cover them. We won’t need you to contact us or complete an online form for every hire you arrange either. We’ll give you a detailed hire criteria list, so you can make an immediate decision on whether your customer qualifies. Don’t worry if you’re new to the business either; while some insurers want you to have three years’ experience hiring out vehicles, we’ll happily cover new ventures. Our flexible policy will cover you if you have one vehicle or a large fleet. If the worst does happen, you will be assigned a dedicated claims handler who will understand the importance of getting the vehicle back on the road with minimal disruption.

We’ve also put together a range of useful guides, articles and tips for motorhome and campervan owners in our knowledge hub

How our customers rate us

Great service, very knowledgeable and always available when needed.

Mr Sherriff, Self-Drive Hire Insurance

Splitter Van Hire Insurance in detail

We’ll provide you with fully comprehensive annual insurance for your vehicle. This will cover the vehicle(s) at all times whether on-hire or off-hire.

  • No limitations on mileage Your annual premium will cover as many hires as you wish to arrange with no limitations on mileage.
  • International use If a hirer wants to take your van abroad, that’s no problem, give us a call and we can arrange cover for anywhere in the EU.

There are also additional covers available that we would recommend:

  • Breakdown cover So you can get your van back.
  • Commercial Legal Expenses Covers a variety of legal issues including motor disputes, contract cover and tax investigations. Also gives access to a legal helpline 24/7/365.
  • Liability Whether you're running your business from your home or from a commercial premises, you risk being sued if a visitor is injured on your premise or by your vehicle. Liability insurance will cover the subsequent legal expenses and compensation claims.


  • Yes. Most insurers will exclude hires to anyone in the entertainment industry or those who’ve ever had a Top 40 hit. The insurance we offer doesn’t restrict cover for anyone in entertainment.

  • Yes. We can include Hire and Reward cover so you can drive your customers to their destinations.

  • Insurers generally restrict cover to those aged between 25 to 75 and those who have held a Full UK or EU licence for 2 years. As usual, exceptions to these restrictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

  • Yes. Your vehicle can be taken anywhere in the EU and Europe subject to agreement with insurers. The maximum hire period is 90 days.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01603 649744
Send an enquiry
Send an enquiry
Get A Quote Get A Quote
Get A Quote