We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Landlords Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Home emergency cover is vital in a crisis, especially for landlords and homeowners.  That’s why Alan Boswell Group provides swift and effective assistance when a domestic emergency occurs. We offer landlords and tenants a reliable service, fully qualified engineers, and a speedy, helpful response. The cover includes plumbing and drainage problems, failure of utilities, infestation of vermin, and damage caused to external locks, doors or windows, rendering the property insecure.

  • From £135 per property or flat with no excess.
  • Cover for domestic emergencies including boiler breakdown.
  • Unlimited number of claims (up to £500 per claim).
  • 24/7 emergency helpline (even on Christmas day).

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

Landlord Home Emergency

We have worked with landlords and homeowners for more than 30 years and our Home Emergency Cover has evolved meet the needs of our clients. Many policies will limit usage of the policy and restrict what is classified as an emergency. Our policy provides wide cover, whether you are a homeowner or landlord with one or multiple properties.

We also have a  landlord advice hub that is full of useful information to help landlords and property owners find the advice and products needed.

How our customers rate us

Helpful, quick, professional service. Thank you

Mrs George - Household Insurance

Home Emergency Cover in detail

Defining what is a domestic emergency can be subjective. Here’s what’s covered by home emergency insurance:

  • Heating Cover for complete failure or breakdown of either the heating and/or hot water supply.
  • Plumbing Cover for sudden failure of, or damage to, the plumbing and drainage system.
  • Utilities Cover for sudden and complete failure or breakdown of the electricity or gas supply.
  • Alternative accommodation Up to £250 costs for alternative accommodation if your house is uninhabitable as a result of a claim.
  • Storm Damage to the roof of your property caused by storm, fallen trees, and branches.
  • Security Damage caused to external locks, doors, or windows leading to an unsecured property.
  • Infestation Cover for infestation of vermin.

This product is designed to be used in the event of a domestic emergency and is not a maintenance contract.

Home emergency cover can only be purchased if you hold either home or landlord insurance through Alan Boswell Group.

What is not covered?

  • Boiler systems over 15 years old, or with output of more than 60 kilowatts.
  • Any domestic emergency in a property that has been unoccupied for more than 30 days.
  • Failure of boilers or heaters that have not been maintained, inspected, or serviced by a qualified person within the last 12 months.
  • Any claims arising within the first 14 days of the policy start date.


  • The definition used is: “an insured event that makes your home uninhabitable.” e.g. you can’t secure the property, can’t heat the property etc.

  • No, callouts are unlimited.

  • You can claim up to £500 per incident including parts, labour, materials, and VAT. Claims for alternative accommodation are capped at £250.

  • No, home emergency cover can only be purchased if your own or let property is insured via Alan Boswell Group.

  • No, cover is only available for UK properties.

  • You can claim up to £250 towards the cost of a replacement boiler.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01603 216399